Monday 2 December 2013

Skor tipped shortbread fingers...Pinterest review

Tis the season for Christmas baking! I help my mom every year with the church staff party that she hosts. I'm usually in charge of a dessert buffet.  We got together this afternoon to brain storm.  I had just seen this pin on Pinterest and thought it would be the perfect chocolate addition to the buffet and give people the shortbread they love!
Don't these look awesome? I was hoping I could duplicate these.  With the help of my mom we followed the recipe to a "t".  I feel terrible that I didn't get pictures step by step but we were elbow deep in rolling these logs.  We really had to knead the dough; but it came together great.
The final product!  "Nailed it!"  They taste great!  I have never seen a shortbread recipe that calls for brown sugar but it has a very pleasant taste.  These were reminiscent of a "walkers" shortbread but the chocolate and skor bits really make these little fingers special!
I will definitly be adding these to my Christmas repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment