Wednesday 4 December 2013

Quiche

It was after 4pm and I found myself on Pinterest looking for dinner inspiration...kind of wish they'd deliver!  I am making quiche for Aubrey's birthday party this Saturday; so since I have all the ingredients I thought I'd  mineaswell do a test run!  I had gotten my friend Cates quiche recipe and decided to give it a try.  

I sauteed green onion, red pepper and farmers sausage.  I seasoned this with salt and pepper. 
Cates ratio for the egg mixture is 8 eggs to 3/4 cup of sourcream.  I had never heard of this before but I've tasted her quiche and it was awesome so I thought I'd give it a go.  I only had Greek yogurt so I used that in lieu of the sourcream.
She suggested to use my immersion blender to make it super smooth.  I seasoned this with salt and pepper.
Now for the pastry. 
I floured my clean surface and rolled out the dough.  Once it was the diameter I wanted I folded the dough in half to transfer it to my pan with ease.
I gently pushed the dough into the edges of the pan.
I used my rolling pin to cut the excess dough off the tart shell and then pulled it off.
That's one tip I learned from cooking school!
I put my filling and shredded cheese on the tart shell and then filled it with the egg/Greek yogurt mixture.  It was the perfect amount.
I baked this on 375F convection.  Half way through cooking this I realized I should not of used convection.  It was browning unevenly.  I would maybe suggest 400F for 25-30 minutes.
It was a hit and this is a good thing because we have 3/4's left...lunch is ready for tomorrow!
Dinner is served by 5:20pm; delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment