Thursday 30 June 2016

M&M cookies

We were just in Roblin, Manitoba to celebrate Jeff's grandma's 97th birthday.  Its not everyday you get to say that.  We were honoured  to be able to be there in person for her actual birthday.  If you can't tell by Liam's eyes; being in a hotel with all of us, sleeping was not his #1 priority. Immediately after this picture was taken we started our drive home a day early.  The struggle is real people.  We are happy to say we made it home in one piece and are still alive to tell about it.  Although I don't think we'll be taking another roadtrip anytime soon.
This past Tuesday our Aubrey graduated form kindergarten; we were so thrilled for her. 
This is a side by side of her first day of school and her graduation day!
 
Now on to the baking!
I have a few clients at work who love to give me things to bake with and I thoroughly love excepting them! Yesterday when I decided to host an impromptu dinner for my cousins who were coming into town I remembered this package of baking bits in my baking drawer. 
I decided to make the cookie recipe on the back of the bag; I even had the chopped walnuts. 
I whipped these up pretty quick.  I baked them on 350F for 9-11 minutes and let them cool on the trays on the stove stop.  The only involvement the kids had in this process was asking me for more baking bits!
These tasted just like brownie/cookies.  They had a crunch on the exterior but were chewy on the inside.  You could taste the salt and they weren't overly sweet, the baking bits and walnuts added great texture. 
Here's Hannah, my uncle John and aunt Dar's oldest daughter.  She's one of the oldest of the younger cousins.  We love having her here for part of the summer.  Her smiling face and laughter is contagious; as you can tell she's a big hit with the kids.
Packed up and ready to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment