Tuesday 7 June 2016

Gluten free dairy free pancakes!!!!


Thursday night before bed I decided to whip up some pancake batter to have ready for Friday morning. In keeping with gluten-free/dairy-free I decided to rework my go-to oatmeal pancake recipe.
This is what I used:
2 cups oats
2 cups almond milk
2 tsp xantham gum 
2tbsp coconut sugar
2 eggs
Vanilla
Cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
2tbsp oil


I refrigerated this covered overnight.
7am arrived and everyone was still sleeping; praise the lord! I slipped out of bed and was able to have my quiet time minus Liam! The kids woke up happy, I served them breakfast #1, we all got dressed and decided to head to the store. Once we arrived home and unpacked the groceries we assigned Jeff to pancake duty! The batter had thickened quite a bit so we added a bit more almond milk.  The key to cooking these pancakes was making sure the pan was preheated, using enough oil or spray and using 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
We cut up strawberries, put out Greek yogurt and syrup to top the pancakes.
These were a hit. 
This picture was taken at 9am. The kids and I had already been to the store for our weekly grocery shop, all of us were dressed and ready for our day! It was nice to come home to freshly brewed coffee(courtesy of the timer) and pancake batter ready to go! A little intentional planning can help remove the "hectic" from the morning routine(atleast for one day!); by 9:45am I was off to work. Sometimes it feels like I go to work to sit down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment