Wednesday 15 June 2016

Gluten free cookies

Baking in the gluten free world is a tedious thing so when you find a recipe that is yummy it's definitly worth the share. 
My neighbour sent me this text asking me if I wanted some GF cookies; "uh yes please!"
My third cookie in I needed to know more. Recipe please!
Omit the butter flavouring; no one knows what that is! 

My next grocery shop I was sure to pick up this flour. In my haste I didn't relook at her text and picked up what I thought she had said. 
Very different; I realize now!
I didn't find out I was wrong until the cookies were half way baked and still looked like dough balls on the baking sheets.
A frantic text to my neighbour; what did I do wrong?!?!? (Yes, I realize I was being overly dramatic!)
He's such a big help!
Once I figured out I had used the wrong flour and they probably weren't going to flatten on their own I pulled out the trusty fork and marked them peanutbutter cookie style.
The second batch of cookies I flattened with the palm of my hand before I baked them; this worked better. The original recipe with the correct flour should flatten during baking creating the most delicious chewy cookie. My chef husband had no idea my neighbours cookies were gluten free!!!
Dreaming of cookies!
Truth be told these were yummy frozen and still good enough to share! But I will be picking up the correct flour next shop; stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment