Wednesday 22 June 2016

Strawberry lemonade cupcakes

I love my quiet time in the mornings. I sit in my front window, coffee in hand and take in the sunshine while I mentally prepare for my day. The quiet and peace allows me to hear clearly. 
Is there something wrong with this picture; no that's not a cat... It's Liam!
There is never a dull moment with my little guy; I love our time in the mornings but it's evening better if I can get out of bed 30 minutes before him!!!

Cupcake time again; 
I was asked to make some baby girl cupcakes. I can do that! My trusty cream cheese icing with some fresh raspberries whipped in is the perfect summer icing. Even a little lemon zest on top makes them taste like pink lemonade I'm told.
1/2 cup butter (soft)
2 bricks creamcheese (soft)
(Add fresh raspberries at this point; as many as you'd like)
Whip until smooth then add the additional ingredients
Pinch of salt
Vanilla
2 cups of icing sugar
Whip until smooth!
If it doesn't get quite pink enough I'd add in a very small amount of pink gel colouring.
I use one recipe of icing per 12 cupcakes to pipe a wide swirl.
I cheated and used a cake mix for the cupcakes; they bake so evenly. I added thawed mashed raspberries to a French vanilla batter to get a light pink hew.
I'm told they were a hit!


Aubrey had a daddy-daughter date to her favourite spot; she actually took Jeff for Father's Day. 
She picked out her outfit, got dressed, counted her money, gave me specific hairstyle instructions and waited patiently for her dad to wake. It was pretty special to witness.
They sent me this picture!
Liam and I had our own date; superstore, mommy's playground!

When we got home we went for a walk and took in the sunshine.

Yes, this is my summer get-up. No I'm not going on a safari just trying not to be attacked by the beautiful sun!
And that's that!



1 comment:

  1. I want to see a pic of the Swim Dress with that hat! :)

    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete