Saturday 22 March 2014

The countdown is on....

I find myself 36 weeks pregnant and excitedly anticipating the arrival of our boy! As I prepare to have two children; I am overwhelmed but feeling completely blessed. We have tried to thoughtfully plan special moments with Aubrey as we approach this change in our family dynamic. 
Thanks to my soon to be sister in law, Aubrey has been humming, singing, and dancing everything "frozen"....I have been asked several times if I want to build a snowman and I've been told to "let it go".  Now I find myself softly singing the words even when I'm alone in the car.  Maybe you can relate.
Well after a few weeks of only YouTube videos we surprised Aubrey with a family afternoon. After a yummy breakfast out as a family and my solo grocery shop it was time for the surprise.  We should of gotten a photo of her reaction; priceless!
After the movie it was time to think about dinner.  We decided quiche would be quick and easy.  Dough from the freezer, sautéed sausage, mushroom, green onion and a mixture of spinach and baby kale.  I decided it would be a good use of my time to make our soup for the week at the same time.  I sautéed everything for the quiche in a pan and sweat my onions and celery in my Dutch oven.  I added farmer sausage then a mixture of spinach and baby kale.  Once this was soft I added 1litre of chicken stock, 4 cups of water, 1 pack of onion soup mix and two cans of drained/rinsed beans.
I topped the sausage mixture with cheese before I poured the egg filling on top.


I used my regular quiche egg filling; 8 eggs to 3/4 cup Greek yogurt.
Before I knew it both recipes were done. Multitasking at its finest! 
Now time for dinner! Leftovers make breakfast for tomorrow all ready to heat up and the soup will our weeks worth of go-to lunches.  
What a great family day full of delicious food, special memories and tons of singing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment