Monday 17 March 2014

Flour-less brownies; deception at its finest!

This afternoon Aubrey and I were enjoying some quiet time together while we snuggled on the couch watching a "making show" as Aubrey calls it; also known as a "cooking show".  Ina, (oh ya we're on a first name basis with tv chefs) was making a flour-less chocolate cake.  Aubrey thought the cake looked delicious and she very much wanted to head right upstairs and get "making". 

I gave my sisters a Cosby/Appetizer night shout-out; when they agreed I thought doing a flour-less dessert would be perfect for my Gluten-free sister.  Ina's recipe was much too rich for my blood; so I took to the web to find something on the healthier side.

I found this recipe on skinnytaste.com:

I got all of my ingredients out on the counter.  When I looked over in the living room Aubrey showed me that she has set up of all her dollies to watch our "making show".  Like can she be any cuter?
 
I asked Aubrey what we should do first? "Wash our hands mom" was her quick reply.
Aubrey rinsed the black beans and then added them to the food processor; well most of them.  She couldn't resist, "I love beans mom, can I have some please?"
We added the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and just let it blitz.
I decided to do a white and dark chocolate combo to add some pizazz. 
To the batter we added half of the chocolate and saved half for the topping.
We set the oven to 350 and lined a 8X8 pan with parchment and sprayed it with PAM cooking spray.
 
"Is it time yet?"
After they were completely cooled I cut them and lightly dusted them with icing sugar to serve. I then put them in the fridge since I love a nice COLD brownie!
My sister Janalyn loved them; it was on her second one that she asked "so what is exactly is in here?".  I have a really bad poker face;  "beans?" she questioned when I didn't respond "don't tell me they are beans in here?" .  After the shock had worn off regarding the bean discovery we all agreed that you couldn't tell that they were beans in them and they were VERY tasty.  My Cheffy husband couldn't even tell, his only remark was that they were very moist.  I will definitely make these again.  This will be a great low calorie, high protein dessert to have in my repertoire; which I will need in the months ahead!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm! I think I'll try this one day soon! love you friend!

    ReplyDelete