Monday 14 March 2016

Farmers sausage, cabbage and kale soup

So life with a 23 month old has its challenges but I choose to find the fun! You want to be held? Ok I'll "hold" you...mamas got to get stuff done. It only took about 20 minutes of being confined to the snuggly and he was "fine" not being held.  But in all seriousness I find it a joy to be able to hold him and try everyday to see the positive.
We baked up a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and enjoyed giving just about every single cookie away; well right after Liam ate a few bites  of half a dozen or so.
I wanted to make a huge pot of soup so I emptied my fridge onto the counter and got to work.
I sautéed three onions, 8 ribs of diced celery with a whole head of chopped green cabbage. I added in a generous amount of grapeseed oil and seasalt.
Once this had cooked down and was translucent in colour I added in chopped kale; I removed the stem before doing so.
In a separate pan I browned 2 chopped links of farmers sausage.
I added 3 litres of homemade chicken stock and added in the sausage once it was browned. I deglazed the sausage pan with some stock to get all the delicious flavour bits from the bottom of the pan and added that in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment