Saturday 26 March 2016

Chili

We have had a very eventful couple of months . Jeff got asked to be incharge of a dinner for the chaine des rotisseures. What an honour but what a task!

The day finally arrived...
I am pleased and proud to say that he did an amazing job. I was invited to attend. I was so thankful to be there and see all of the hours of planning and preparing had paid off; it was a delicious success.



Course by course....done!
Now back to my world of cooking...
I've been making my fair share of weekly soups; so this past week I opted for a chili.
I sautéed some ground pork with onions celery, garlic, chili powder and deglazed the Dutch oven with some red wine.
I added in red pepper, tomato sauce and diced tomato. I then added in rinsed white and black beans. 
I topped up the pot with more generic all purpose tomato sauce, adds in some corn and simmered it for a few hours.
Someone has not been themselves lately; but he sure is angelic when he's sleeping!
With Liam napping I whipped up some biscuits and cookies to round out the meal!
Perfect lunch!
I love chili; well truth be told I love sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips!
The snow was gone for a week and now it's back but atleast we know biking will be in our future; liam had so much fun!


As I was writing this blog the news broke about Chase Martens; the two year old who wandered off from his front yard and tragically died. My mother's heart is broken for this family. Being a parent isn't  easy; providing for your children while at the same time trying to remember to cherish  every moment can be a balancing act. It's moments like this that make you stop and stare blankly into thin air... Oh Jesus; I pray that you sent your angels to sweep this little one up and kept him from being cold or scared.  
I will continue to pray for this family; that they would feel Gods peace which can surpass all understanding. My deepest heartfelt sympathies go out to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment