Sunday 27 March 2016

Easter weekend; "He is risen" rolls

What a great weekend! I love Easter! As I get older I appreciate more and more this holiday we  are given solely to celebrate the sacrifice and victory of Jesus Christ (and I enjoy the chocolate too!)
We had a wonderful family time; full of family, food, fun and even crafts!
Here's my brother with his son cooper and Liam; the boys are one year apart!
Yesterday was a special day in which Aubrey and I had planned a special tea party with our neighbour friend. We decided to make tea sandwiches for the tea party. Along with that we made these "He is risen" rolls as Aubrey calls them. 
Jeff actually graciously took over preparing of the tea party refreshments. Curried orange tuna wraps, dill cream cheese and cucumber rounds and the assembling of the "he is risen" rolls.
They tag-teamed the assembly and had a great time.
These looked promising however when they came out of the oven we had a "nailed-it" moment.
I just peeled them off of the sheet pan and while they were still hot I tucked the opening under itself making them look some-what like rolls. These tasted great by the way; like iced cinnamon buns but way less work. I'm sure these will be an ongoing tradition!
Jeff made all these wraps and rolled them in Saran Wrap; after an hour in the fridge I unwrapped them and carefully cut them (kind of like sushi!).
And voila! Aubrey and I had decorated cross cookies made by her grandma and that rounded out our Easter themed tea party. 
Our neighbour brought over supplies to make Easter cards; what a fun time we had. Aubreys card is in the middle; I think she did an amazing job!
This morning these two had some snuggle time on the couch and we ended the day with a family walk; like seriously I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment