Tuesday 1 March 2016

Chinese pork

There's never a dull moment around here; both of our kids have wild imaginations; here they're being lions.
Just give them some measuring  spoons and a plastic container  and they're set!
For all of you in Manitoba, Costco has their gigantic pork loins on sale $5 off this week. This being said I bought two! I come by it honestly my dad is a "buy meat for the whole neighbourhood when it's on sale" type of guy. Now that I have a large amount of pork I was curious to know if my favourite Chinese chicken recipe would translate with the pork. 
I cut the pork in small pieces and coated it lightly with seasoned corn starch and olive oil. I baked this for 10 minutes on 425F.  When it came out looking par-cooked I added the sauce (VH and soya sauce) and put back in the oven for 10-15 minutes(stirring every 5 minutes or so).
I served this along with roasted asparagus and white rice. 
What a tasty meal; my "go-to" for sure.  Anything the kids ask for seconds for is my kind of meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment