Tuesday 5 January 2016

Wedding cupcakes!

Ever notice no matter what is happening in your life good or bad everyone else keeps on moving? Life doesn't stop and give you time to process things. This is why I am so thankful for friends that come along side and will walk the journey  no matter how uncertain it is. Laura is one of those friends in my life and with the twists turns I find myself walking with her through a tough season. I love that no matter how uncertain; she has decided to cling to her childhood faith and keep moving. I am so proud of her and the choices she has made. 
As in any season I am usually incharge of the baking so I was more than honoured to create her cupcakes for her impromptu  wedding.
It was held on December 10, 2015 so a Christmas theme seemed quite appropriate. I found these cupcake liners at "Scoop and weigh"; my go to stop for speciality baking items.
Well with this occasion I felt it was very appropriate to bring out my cheesecake stuffed cupcake recipe. To do this you make a simple cheesecake batter of:
1-8oz brick of creamcheese
1/4 cup white sugar
1egg 
1/4 chocolate chips 
Drop a scoop full into batter in a 1/2 full muffin cup. While this bakes the cheesecake batter secretly hides inside. It's super easy and a definite show stopper. It actually works best when using a box cake mix; strange but true.

This is what they look like after 25 minutes in the oven at 350F. The key to this cheesecake cupcake is to let it chill and make sure it's served cold.

Now for the icing.... So the story on this is my friend Laura loves loves loves sweet frosting like I mean sweet! So I looked up a buttercream recipe and I made it geared towards her.
With the festive season I chose to put a small, and I mean small amount of peppermint extract into the frosting. This can be wrecked pretty easily by adding too much extract in; thanks food-network for the helpful tip!  This gave a peppermint patty feel to the cupcakes.
Aubrey pondered as she taste tested one! 
I topped them with clear sparkles and a green chocolate leaf with holly on it. I was pretty excited at how festive they turned out. 
Off to deliver the goods!

What a beautiful bride! I felt honoured to be able to provide the wedding cupcakes. 
Here I'm reminded again; i will use whatever I have to be a blessing to those around me and do "life" with them.  So spatula inhand I say yes!
I love you friend!💜


No comments:

Post a Comment