Monday 25 January 2016

Pioneer women's chocolate brownies

So what do you make with a log of dark callebaut chocolate from Christmas? Make a double batch of the pioneer women's chocolate brownies, that's what!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/dark-chocolate-brownies/
1 cup butter
5oz unsweetened chocolate
1/4cup unsweetened Cocoa powder
2 cups sugar (I cut this in half since I was using dark chocolate)
1 tbsp vanilla (I didn't have any)
3 eggs
1&1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes
I melted the butter and chocolate together and then set this aside to cool for 5 minutes.
I then whisked in the cocoa powder and sugar. I cut the sugar in half since I was using dark chocolate rather than unsweetened and I didn't want it to be too sweet.

I quickly whisked in the eggs and then incorporated the flour.
I folded in the remaining chopped chocolate log instead of chocolate chips.
Since this was a double recipe this filled by 11x13 pan perfectly.
After 40 minutes in a 350 F oven this was perfect. A toothpick came out clean and the top was firm but the corners were not burnt. 
I let this cool, dusted it with powder sugar and then cut into 48 small pieces; this brownie is rich and delicious!
The kids are going to patiently wait until tomorrow to try it; I couldn't risk them not sleeping tonight!
I packed up a few tins for some special friends and kept 5 pieces for us! Too much of a good thing isn't good but giving it away is!
I whipped up a personal "heart" pizza for my sweetheart. It kinda just happened! I topped the fresh basil pizza dough with roasted chicken, sautéed kale and pineapple. It was very delicious; I will definitely make that flavour combination again!
Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment