Thursday 7 January 2016

Skor Triangles




I am so thankful for friends that know me so well.  This was my Christmas gift from my friend Jenn; a bag of skor bits....yes please!  When you bake as much as I do, one can't afford all the fun baking supplies....so this was a definite treat.
 
My mind went in all sorts of directions on how to use this sweet treasure. I then looked on the back of the bag and discovered this recipe.

I had a not so happy camper on my hands so I set him on the counter and got to work!
I doubled this recipe to fill my large rimmed baking sheet.
Since I doubled the recipe I used half skor bits and half mini chips in the batter (1 cup of skor bits and 1 cup of mini chips); saving some skor bits for the topping.
Someone liked the batter!
For the double recipe I used only 3 cups of chocolate chips for the topping not 4 cups. 
I let the chocolate chips sit on the warm base straight out of the oven like the recipe stated.

Took a colouring break with Aubrey!
I could not believe how easy this spread.
I topped it with the remaining Skor bits.

After an hour in the fridge these were ready to portion.  I could not even believe how well these cut and how amazing these tasted.  This will be in my repertoire for sure and as my motto goes; "Sharing is Fun" so I packaged these up for a friend.  There's nothing quite like a sweet surprise!

In my personal opinion these should be called Skor Brownie Shortbread Bars... that's a more descriptive name for these delicious triangles.
Just an FYI; I was VERY proud of myself with how uniform I cut these; I am not too good for getting out the ruler (I'm serious)!  I can definitely not do things by "eye".  I was happy in the end that I took the time to do it right; they looked really nice.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment