Sunday 3 January 2016

Happy New Year!


Well days have turned into weeks and weeks into months. My hiatus from blogging has officially come to an end. I felt like I wanted to just enjoy the moments rather than grabbing my phone and getting a picture. So guess what; we've made a lot of memories but I have no pictures! You can't win....I do have a few pictures; but I say that all to say I've decided life needs balance. This year I resolute to be balanced as much as possible. 

I will look outside myself and my family to see people; like really see them. Not everyone has a family like mine who all move in together willingly over Christmas just to hang out! 
I want to be a blessing and love freely! 

Today Jeff and I cooked together and made a delicious pot of seafood chowder with aged cheddar tea biscuits. We invited his mom and step-dad over. 
This was our lunch table; Aubrey turned it into a tea party. 
Chowder
Mirepoix of carrots, onion and celery
4 red potatoes 
Garlic
Fennel seeds
Bay leaves
Salt and pepper
Added a couple tablespoons of flour and sweat that altogether

750 ml chicken stock
1/2litre clam stock
600ml evaporated milk (reducing fat over using 35%cream)
Parsley
Corn
We let that simmer for 30 minutes.
About 30 minutes before we wanted to eat we Added in 2 cans of clams, diced raw shrimp and leftover salmon flaked (this was a leftover side of baked salmon we didn't eat and just froze until we made this soup). You can add whatever seafood you prefer.
I know this may seem a little overwhelming but it was actually very simple to put together.

I am thankful for my home so I will use what I have. My stove and table can be blessings to others. Sometimes we don't even think about the everyday things that can either mean so much or can just be a thoughtless routine.

Jeff was off for a few blissful days so I went out for breakfast yesterday to my favourite breakfast place in Manitoba; Stella's. Enjoyed a latee and an uninterrupted breakfast. I left encouraged, loved and full!
I will love more, listen more, put down my phone and be present ....oh and I will blog more; I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment