Friday 9 October 2015

Homemade pizza; inspired by Thai peanut satay

I picked up Aubrey from school and had the van packed and ready to head to grandmas. 
I decided to make homemade pizzas and take everything over to my parents to assemble them and bake them there. 
I was coming to the end of my groceries so I was doing some creative meal planning. Pizza dough is easy to whip up and you can throw pretty much anything on it, top it with cheese and bake! I was also craving Thai food so this is what I came up with.
I rolled out my pizza dough and started the assembly process.
I brushed the dough with homemade peanut satay sauce and topped that with leftover chick peas and thinly sliced cabbage and carrot.
To allow the meat portion of the meal to stretch further I had deboned the chicken thighs, cubed them up, coated them with a little cornstarch and seasoning and baked on 375 for 35 minutes. I then tossed the chicken with a couple tablespoons of the peanut sauce and then baked for an additional 10 minutes. I cooled this and then chopped it up into bite size pieces.
I added this to the pizzas and topped with cheese; I had two packages of herb and garlic mozerella cheese on hand and it was actually perfect. 
I baked these at 400 for 20 minutes and served them with an Asian style coleslaw salad.
I topped the pizzas with chopped peanuts and sesame seeds for a bit of crunch.

It was pretty delicious; I think I heard someone say; "you should well this"!  I will definitly make this again on purpose and not just when I have no more groceries! 
Happy grocery shopping day tomorrow; Its a nice feeling to fill an empty fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment