Monday 7 September 2015

Vacation curry

What an amazing time off we've had. We ended the busy summer season with 10 days together as a family. We had so much fun and enjoyed discovering fun things in Manitoba.
We made a lot of yummy meals but I decided to just enjoy the time as a family and not stop to blog. I did decide to blog about this chicken mango coconut curry I made; very blog worthy!
I got everything ready and then got to cooking.  I chopped cauliflower, green pepper, onion and celery and set that aside. I chopped up boneless skinless chicken thighs and set that aside. As well I chopped brocolli, red pepper and cilantro and set that aside since those ingredients won't take as long.
Firstly, In my largest pot I browned the chopped chicken thighs but did not cook them all the way through. I put them in another bowl and set it aside.
In the same pot I added the chopped veggies. I sautéed them until they were tender; I deglazed the pot with 1cup of white wine.
After the wine reduced by half I added two cans of coconut milk, and one jar of VH Mango curry. (They have so many different sauces and are pretty reasonably priced)
I added the chicken back in along with two cans of rinsed chickpeas and let this simmer. 
About ten minutes before I wanted to eat I added in chopped brocolli, red pepper and cilantro. 
I cut wedges of lime and served them on the side with basmati rice.

I almost forgot to take a picture of the final product; I was too busy eating!

Here are a few pictures of our time off...
Fun in the sun 
Jeff and Liam at the children's museum

Me in lac du bonnet trying out tennis
The kids at auntie melzas and uncle drews
Us at the Goldeyes game
Aubrey cheering on the crowd

Popcorn party
Liam loves swimming
We ended our vacation with a dinner out

Here's our four year fast asleep with a cook book; too precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment