Thursday 10 September 2015

Pumpkin spice cupcakes

My friend had given me a litre of frozen pumpkin purée from her garden a while ago and this morning I woke up and thought "today is the day"!  I found this recipe on Pinterest and it looked pretty straight forward.

The colour of the pumpkin was amazing.


I wanted to make them for my work so I quadrupled the recipe and then filled the lined cupcake tin 3/4 full.
I love my icecream scoop; it makes portioning cupcakes a breeze.
Now for the icing.... I did not follow the recipe. I found the cake quite sweet so I wanted the icing to be less sweet.
I used three tubs of cream cheese which is essentially six bricks ofcream cheese. I whipped that with one cup of salted butter. I then added ground cinnamon and vanilla and whipped it more.

I then added 3 cups of icing sugar; waaaaaay less then called for.
The icing was pretty loose so I put it in the fridge for two hours before I iced the cupcakes.
This little monkey was growling at the cupcakes so I let him be the taste tester.
He approved.

I piped the icing onto  the cupcake to portion it and then spread it with an offset spatula. I had just the right amount of icing for 5 dozen cupcakes.
All done!
I'm excited to eat one; But I think I'll wait until the party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment