Wednesday 12 August 2015

Mini loaves

I got home from work today and it was storming out so I knew it would be a baking kind of afternoon.
We defrosted some bananas and Aubrey loved squeezing them into the mixer.
We were out of brown sugar so we used honey.
Butter; yes everything is better with butter.
We got all of the ingredients in the mixer and I asked Aubrey to turn it on low.
Whoops! Guess I'll be cleaning too; it's a perfect day for it!
I had bought these mini loaf pans at dollarama; they baked up great.
She was just a little excited to serve her brother a piece.
Superman even loved it (just noticed his bib looks like a cape)!

We finished off the day with a trip to superstore to restock our snack bags. Aubrey loves this special project we do. We make up brown lunch bags which she decorates and we fill them with a few snacks (this time we did granola bar, fruit bar and juice boxes) . We keep these in our vehicles (I always have one in my purse!) and have them on hand to give out if people ask for something to eat.
If we buy in bulk it actually doesn't cost much and it's a great family activity. We now as family are more aware of the needs of others around us because we are already prepared and willing.

This is one way to teach my kids how to love others; with action not just words. 
Now Aubrey makes it her mission to find people to give the snack bags to almost everytime we're out; whether they're hungry or not!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment