Sunday 16 August 2015

A day in the life; no bake cookies

The day began at home...then auntie Cher made a lunch shout out.
We spent the afternoon at chers and Aubrey had  some much needed baby Roxy time.
Then we all headed to my parents. My mom was hosting a lunch the next day so I offered to make her pavlovas for dessert.
I usually get Jeff to make me lemon sabayon to put layered on the pavlova but I thought I'd like to try making a Raspberry sabayon. 
I strained some raspberry jam with the juice of three limes and cooked this down into a syrup.
I tempered in a few egg yolks & whole eggs and over a Bain Marie I whisked whisked and whisked some more!!!!
This is how I knew it was done.
I added a few tablespoons of cold butter and then covered the surface of the curd so it didn't get a skin.
I put it in the fridge and hoped for the best.

I turned around and this was happening...
My sister was whipping up no bake oatmeal coconut cookies that my dad could eat (since my pavlovas were occupying the ovens overnight).
She used coconut palm sugar and unsweetened coconut.
She boiled the first 6 ingredients and then folded that into the mixed oats and coconut.
We couldn't believe what we were witnessing!
Ready for the freezer...
Yummy!! They were so good.

Skip to the next day...assembly...
I topped the pavlovas with sweetened cream, raspberry sabayon and fresh berries.

I finished this with lime zest and that is the secret to this dessert; it adds such a vibrant flavour to cut the sweet.
We sure love being busy together; one big happy family!


No comments:

Post a Comment