Saturday 30 May 2015

President's Choice Quinoa

I'm starting to think I should be a spoke's person for PC products from superstore; I use them all of the time and I love telling people about them. My newest find is the roasted garlic and herb quinoa. I use this in my famous quinoa salad; I get a lot of requests for this salad. My nephews baby dedication is tomorrow and because of illness in our household we are unable to go but I was still requested to send my quinoa salad. Of course! Little do they realize that this salad is so easy.
I cook the quinoa as per the instructions on the box and by the time the quinoa is cooked I have assembled the rest of the salad.
The quinoa takes 15 minutes.
I choose a huge bowl and shred peeled carrots into it; gotta love my 45 cup Tupperware bowl with a lid(thanks Steph!).
I add in mint and parsley that I washed and chopped up.
Next I finely chop up thoroughly washed celery and add that in.
Next I get out all of my dressing ingredients:
Orange(zest and juice), lemon honey, soya sauce, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, sea salt, cracked black pepper and powdered ginger.
I add all of these ingredients right into my bowl of garnish. I do this all by taste but I use the idea of 2/3 acid to 1/3 oil.
Craisins
I mix this up and you want this to be over seasoned since you're adding in a whole bunch of quinoa.
I fluff the quinoa with a fork and then mix in the warm quinoa into the garnish.
This can be served right away as a warm quinoa salad or this will stay good in the fridge for up to a week. I love this served warm with a nice piece of grilled salmon.
So there you have it. I made the salad and had my kitchen cleaned up within 20 minutes; now that's an easy recipe!

Speaking of superstore; when we saw this sign last week Aubrey asked if she could take Chef Lynn cookies.

This was posted on Chef Lynn's Instagram; this was so fun for Aubrey. What a special memory; and again we love superstore!

1 comment:

  1. sorry if you get this comment twice, but this salad looks amazing, could you send me the recipe njbowering@gmail.com I love superstore...so much variety and good value for your money, especially when feeding 3 boys!!! Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete