Saturday 23 May 2015

6 week bran muffin mix

I have made a couple of batches of bran muffin mix to keep in the fridge and the recipe that worked the best was the following:
After re-reading the recipe right now I realize I used all-bran cereal not natural wheat bran but they were the best bran muffin I've ever made. I also used oil instead of butter since that's what I had on hand but I would of preferred to use butter.

This recipe fills a 4 litre icecream pail. This is the perfect container to keep the batter sealed in the fridge for up to 6 weeks.

Another key about this recipe is the baking time and temperatures. Bake at 425F for 5 minutes and then 20-22 minutes on 375F and then leave the muffins in the tin for 10 minutes to cool. This makes great muffin tops; which is my favourite part!

This batter is so great to have on hand and be able to whip up fresh muffins every couple of days. The kids love it for  breakfast or a quick snack!

I had to share the excitement from our shopping trip today. Chef Lynn is coming to our superstore this week! Aubrey wants to bake her cookies and see if we win or get chopped. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment