Monday 18 May 2015

Last minute coconut green curry soup

What a lovely day we've had; we were at home as a family and had no plans. We woke up to a blanket of snow on the ground and stayed in our pjs until noon, baked cookies and made plans for the afternoon. 

We ended up going to our favourite burger place and enjoyed the decadence!
After lunch we visited with some friends and made our way home around 6pm. For those of you that know me this is very late! We eat around 5 usually; at the latest!
I was craving spicy coconut curry soup and couldn't think about eating out twice in one day so I thought of how quickly I could whip it up.

I heated up the Dutch oven with a generous amount of olive oil. I then sautéed 2 thinly sliced onions and 4 sliced ribs of celery with powdered ginger and a heaping tablespoon of green curry paste. I let this sautée for about 15 minutes and then I added in 2 thinly sliced green peppers. 
I added in a can of coconut milk and a box of stock.
I added in chunks of sautéed chicken, frozen corn and a handful of cilantro.
After I tasted it I felt it was a little bitter from the green pepper so I added in a few teaspoons of lemon infused honey. That was just what it needed especially since I was wishing I had a lime for some acid.
And voila; all done!

This was the perect ending to a terrific day; I'm so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment