Wednesday 18 February 2015

Rice Krispie squares!

I have posted this classic recipe before but I couldn't help but post again using my new Tupperware bowl from my good friend Stephanie! I remember as a child watching my mom make Rice Krispie squares using her 70's green Tupperware bowl in the microwave. That bowl is still used and loved to this day. My sister mentioned to me that this pink Tupperware bowl will be remembered my kids. I thought that was so special how cooking can create such warm memories. 
I had to make this recipe a little backwards because unfortunatly my new 42 cupper bowl doesn't fit in my microwave; I guess I'll have to be getting a new microwave!

Usually you would pour the Rice Krispies into the melted marshmallows, butter and vanilla. I poured the melted marshmallow mixture into my Krispies it worked out fine but the opposite is easier.
With wet hands I pressed these into pans.
No need to grease the pans; the butter in the recipe does that job!
I let these setup for a few minutes and while they were still pliable I cut them in the size and shape I needed them. This was much easier than attempting to put them in these containers right after mixing; it would of been way too sticky.
All set to package up and send off to our valentines! We did these ahead of time and so we stored them on the freezer until V-day. 
This post was from last week but I had to post a current picture of the kids; especially since Liam is 10 months today!!!
The recipe will be on the back of the Rice Krispie box; don't attempt with any but the real McCoy. I did and it ended up very disappointing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you love the bowl and I love what your sister said!!! I have so many Tupperware pieces because my mom has them! Love it!

    ReplyDelete