Wednesday 25 February 2015

Coconut and carrot soup: carrots repurposed

I love repurposing leftovers! Especially when there is already so much flavour developed. We had 8 cups of roasted carrots left over from the catering Jeff and I did a few days ago. I knew I wanted to make a soup out the roasted carrots; so I was hoping there would be extra! Jeff seasoned them with olive oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, a touch of brown sugar and chopped herbs. He roasted them until tender.  This was the vegetable on the plated dinner that  we catered.

I sautéed 2 onions and 2 ribs of celery with olive oil until tender.
I added in the left over carrots and added in 4 cups of water and 2 cans of coconut milk. 

We brought this to a boil and then let it simmer for about a half an hour.
Once everything was tender we used the immersion blender and blitz it until smooth. We tasted it and made sure it had enough salt and pepper.
This made 4 litres of soup. I sterilized jars and quickly canned the soup so it would last longer.  Three jars to give away and one to keep; perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment