Friday 5 December 2014

Combined party!

With Aubrey's fourth birthday around the corner we decided to combine Liam's baby dedication and Aubrey's party into one BIG party. With basically the same crowd on the invite list I thought it made the most sense. 
This is Liam and Aubrey with their cousin Hurley.

We decided on pulled pork, buns and coleslaw. Simple but tasty menu and everything can be done ahead of time. This menu was perfect was great big crowd. 
For dessert I made my famous chocolate cupcakes with creamcheese icing.  

I baked these for 20 minutes on 350F.
I let these completely cool and then I froze them until the day before the party!
I let these partially thaw before I iced them.

Without playing favouritism to one child I decided to pipe a pink and blue swirl icing.
My pipeable icing is 2 bricks of creamcheese, 1/2cup butter, vanilla and 2 cups icing sugar whipped until smooth.

There is no rhyme or reason but I put half of the icing on one side of the piping bag and then I just do the same to the other side. It's a little messy but looks great once piped. 

For a little sparkle I added edible pearls to the tops of the cupcakes.
Ready to go!
I think she liked it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment