Friday 5 December 2014

Homemade pizza!

With it nearing 4 o'clock on a Friday I asked Aubrey what she'd like for dinner? Pizza was her reply; more specifically bacon and sausage pizza. Hmmm; not having either sausage or bacon I suggested cheese pizza. Now for the pizza...I knew I had cheese along with everything to make dough so I quickly got to work!

I used whole wheat flour instead.
Using my dough hook I let my kitchen aid do the real work.
I let this proof in the lit oven covered with a tea towel. Meanwhile I shredded cheese for Aubrey's pizza and thought of the delicious possibilities of my own. Quickly I thought of a buddy burger from a&w....classy I know! So I brown ground beef and carmalized onions with a few seasonings.
I rolled out the pizza dough cutting a rectangle for my very large pizza. I used the scraps of dough for Aubrey's cheesy breadsticks!
Aubrey loved her plain cheese pizza sticks. She ate a huge portion! 

I used BBQ sauce as the base for my pizza and the beef onion mix and then topped with heaps of mozerella cheese.
I baked this on 425 F for 20 minutes using the convection setting.
This turned out surprisingly well given I only let the pizza dough rise for 25 minutes.  I think the key was rolling the dough out as thin as I could get it. Not sure who I thought was joining me for dinner but there are plenty of leftovers for when Jeff gets home!
Dinner was a success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment