Friday 20 January 2017

Quick Soup and a visit to Jollibee





Without any real direction I started making soup.  I put two frozen chicken breasts at the bottom of my crock pot.



I dumped in chopped onion, chopped celery, onion soup mix, and a block of frozen spinach.



I then added homemade turkey stock that I had on hand along with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
 
I let this cook for 4 hours and then removed the chicken breasts and chopped them up.
 
I added the chopped chicken back into the soup along with two cans of drained, rinsed white beans.
 
Voila!  No sautéing or any real work to put this together.  I think I added a bit too much stock for the garnish but oh well it still tasted good.  I served this over brown rice for the kids, to bulk it up.
 
 
 
Now on to my new favourite dinner, Noodle bowl!
I love making this.  All the garnish you want served over rice, with your choice of meat and oh that yummy spicy lime fish sauce.  So good!
I forgot to mention on the last blog that I highlighted the noodle bowl, that I used coconut brown sugar to lower the glycemic index of the sauce and it works out great. I also blitz the sauce in my magic bullet rather than trying to dice chiles and garlic. 
On the left; mine is shown with orange sesame glazed turkey breast, cashews and GF turkey sausages chopped up.
On the right; Jeff's is shown with orange sesame glazed turkey breast, cashews and pad thai spring rolls.
Both bowls have a bed of mint, cilantro, chopped cucumber, finely shredded iceberg lettuce, and shredded carrots.


This picture was taken from Aubrey's and my culinary adventure to Jollibee.  All of her friends at school were talking about the "Pilipino" McDonalds that has recently come to Winnipeg.  She was super excited, so her and I waited in line for about 40 minutes to get fried chicken and rice.  She was pretty pumped.  I love making food memories.

 
The kids were invited to our neighbours birthday party; it was basically an entire "Construction theme party" board directly from Pinterest.  My friend is so gifted and throws the best parties!
 
Life is so much fun with these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment