Wednesday 11 January 2017

Pizza! Cocobeans GF DF pizza crust review


My wonderful neighbor brought this bag of ready to make pizza dough over a couple of weeks ago.  One bag had two portions in it.  I was pretty excited to try it.  The first time I used it I definitely under baked the crust but this past time it was perfection.  Delightfully thin and crisp; this was a great substitute for a thin crust pizza.

I mixed the package with 3/4 cups of water, 1 tsp of cider vinegar and 1 Tbsp of olive oil.  I mixed this in my kitchen aid and then spread it thinly on a greased cookie sheet.
I let this rest for over 20 minutes and then baked it 12 minutes on each side before adding any toppings.
Meanwhile the crust was rising I seasoned some peeled/chopped beets and brussel sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.  I roasted these until tender; that took about 25 minutes at 400F. 
 
I drizzled the baked crust with olive oil, put a layer of fresh spinach and then topped that with the roasted vegetables.

I then topped this with goats cheese and grape tomatoes.

I baked this until the cheese was melting and had slight colour.
 
One cannot begin to explain how delicious this pizza was.  It was so good; Aubrey even ended up eating quite a bit of "my" dinner; but I was happy to share!
Here's the family ready for game day on Sunday.  A big game for the Green Bay Packer's football team.  We decided to show our support and all wear team colours.
This was Jeff watching the game; it was a nail-biter!

No comments:

Post a Comment