Sunday 30 October 2016

Trick and a treat; Chocolate Acorns Pinterest Review

Aubrey and Liam were invited to  Spooktacular Halloween Party yesterday.  My kids LOVE to party; 5PM couldn't come fast enough! Honestly I am not a big Halloween person but my friend Shelley knows how to throw a kids party; we were honoured to be included.  I let the kids pick their own "homemade" costumes.  Liam wanted to be Bob the builder and Aubrey wanted to be her Doctor.  Not a "Doctor"; she literally wanted to be Dr. Bergman. She picked out her outfit and I did her hair and the resemblance was uncanny!



We wanted to take something to the party but I'm definitely not a "spooky" person.  So I took to pinterest to see what "fallish" recipe I could find.  I found this recipe for  Chocolate Acorns.  A trick and a treat!
Video showing how to make the cutest ideas for edible Thanksgiving decorations. Chocolate kiss acorns, candy melt/Nutter Butter turkey pops, sugar cookie pumpkin pie, teepee cupcakes, and sugar cone cornucopias. Am definitely doing these acorns. The video shows a slightly different version than the photo.:
 Very simple;
Hersey's Kisses
Miniature cookies (I used chocolate chip ones that were nut free)
melting chocolate
chocolate chips

 First we just had to unwrap everything organize the different items.

 I melted semi-sweet chocolate in the microwave; 30 seconds at a time and it took a little over a minute.

Even Auntie Janny got in on the action! 


After these were assembled we put them in the fridge to firm up.

 After they had set we put them in a few glass jars.
 It was really fun to take a jar of "acorns" we picked to the party.  That's as "tricky" as I get!  I can't eat them but I was told they were really good.  I did notice one of the jars had quite a few less acorns in it this morning!
The kids are taking a jar to school and daycare to share as well.   
Bedtime snack; fresh raspberries....I had to remind the kids to chew and breathe.  They inhaled them! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment