Wednesday 15 July 2015

Kale Chips and chicken enchiladas

My mother in law dropped off this beautiful kale from her garden along with a bunch of salad greens. So for dinner I made a huge salad and then decided to make kale chips. This was a more tender type of kale and the stems had been trimmed pretty short so all I did was tossed it with a generous amount of olive oil. I layed the kale in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and baked them about 5-6 minutes on 350F. I just caught them before they burnt! 
After they were done I sprinkled them with a little sea salt.
Miss Aubrey loves kale but she wasn't a huge fan of the chips. 
I let them cool and then put them in a pretty dish. 
My friend Bonnie introduced me to these and how easier they are to make. 
Now for the main course. I had a bunch of left over chicken so I found this recipe online. I would totally use this recipe again. I made a few variations to my personal preference and what I had on hand but the recipe is a great guideline.

I added some fresh corn off of the cob, diced yellow pepper and some caramelized onions that I had on hand.

I added a bit more cheese than the recipe called for; we love cheese!
We topped the enchiladas with fresh lime, cilantro and sourcream. The lime made it; it was so tasty!
These were a hit! What an easy, make ahead meal for having people over.  I have made my fair share of toquitos but never have I made enchiladas. They are way easier than I thought and can be made "light" if you wish. I will do these again and definitly add them to my freezer meal repertoire. 

Can't wait for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment