Sunday 12 April 2015

Pinterest chocolate chip cookies!

So my year of fun has come to a close. Instead of being down about it I am choosing to be extremely thankful for the year of adjusting to being a family of four and the quality time we've had.  As I wait at the bus stop I make it my mission for my day to spread kindness and smile wherever I go. Life gets pretty exciting when you're on a mission!
My four hour work day goes very fast and I come home to my sweet little ones. 
He loves lunch time!
One way I spread kindness at work is taking in bakes goods. This recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I got off of Pinterest are my new "go to" recipe.  My friend had mentioned that hers don't turn out quite like mine so I thought I'd do a play by play.

Using the paddle attachment Beat butter with sugars, vanilla and eggs. Using room temperature ingredients will make a smoother mixture. Scrape the bowl a few times and let this beat for a minute or two.
See how light in colour this gets! 
I lower the bowl and add in all the dry ingredients. When it's not quite incorporated I add in the chocolate chips. 1 cup per recipe makes a perfect chocolate chip to batter ratio.
I mix this just until the chocolate chips are incorporated evenly.
I scoop these using an icecream scoop to make identically sized cookies and I don't flatten them. The oven does its job.
I bake these at 350F until lightly brown. 13 minutes in my oven. I bring them out on the stove top to cool.
They don't look quite done; but this is key to a perfectly chewy cookie. Once cool enough to transfer without breaking I lay them evenly on the cooling rack until they are completely cooled and can be stacked.
She is waiting patiently for a taste test!!! And Mr. Liam will have to wait a few more months!
And now for the key in making cookies in bulk; eat a few, stock the freezer for when company stops by and give the rest away! This is key to not gaining weight while simultaneously spreading kindness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment