Tuesday 28 April 2015

Fondue

As I was rushing off to work yesterday morning Aubrey looked at me and asked, "can we do fondue later?"....and my response, "of course!".  So I texted out a shout out and fondue turned into an impromptu family dinner.
I got a big pot of pasta sauce on; I think I made enough!

Now for the fondue; Aubrey requested chocolate with all the yummy dippers. By the time I got home from taking the kids for a walk to the park I did not feel like baking pound cake so I whipped up rice Krispies squares and cut them Into small squares.  I also toasted up some coconut; perfect for dipping as well.
Someone was just a little excited!
My sisters brought strawberries, bananas, pears, pineapple and grapes.
Let the dipping begin!
I opened a can of Devonshire cream; that was a great additional dipping option especially for the 3 and 4 year olds to not have an abundance of the melted chocolate an hour before bed!

Each person got their own ramekin with chocolate it in; much better than a communal bowl. This way we all could double dip as much as we liked!

 I love that our family doesn't require a special occasion to plan a party. It was Such a fun evening filled with family, great food, and laughter plus Chocolate makes everything even better!


1 comment: