Friday 16 March 2018

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Well welcome back to myself! I mentioned to a friend that I had a blog. I really made the comment as “past tense” but then I thought “no, I have a blog”!

My mom texted me a few days ago asking when she could drop off a pot of Irish stew. Um, you can bring that whenever is most convenient for you! Thank you very much!

Irish stew means soda bread, so she sent me her recipe.



This was so delicious that I didn’t even get a picture. My main point for this recipe is; don’t over work the dough. It’s a biscuit dough more than a bread dough. No kneading required!

This morning I woke up with two children wanting to celebrate St. Patrick’s day. After a quick google search on who he was and why we celebrate him; we decided this missionary who had over 135, 000 people come to know the Lord under his ministry and who started over 300 churches; this 1st century Billy Graham is worth celebrating. 

With left over buttermilk to use up I found this yummy recipe.


These cooked up great! For a festive touch I let the kids put chocolate chips in their own pancakes.
I was told to write down this recipe; it’s a keeper.



Liam had no time for a photo op; he needed to dive in!

These dark chocolate chips were on sale last week; so I bought them to try. What a delicious dark chocolate chip. I highly recommend them. 

Well, happy Saturday and happy St. Patrick’s day!




No comments:

Post a Comment