Saturday 17 March 2018

Banana muffins




One thing this little guy loves is freshly baked muffins. And if they have chocolate chips in them; even better! 

Liam loves to be involved in the kitchen; his big sister would prefer to be colouring these days But He loves to be hands on. 

This is the map I use for my muffins.
2 cups flour (white tastes the best!)
1 tsp baking soda
Salt
1/3 cup whatever sugar 
1 egg
1cup mashed banana (or pumpkin purée)
1/2cup melted fat(oil/butter/coconut oil)
1/2cup liquid (sour milk, buttermilk, almond milk, whatever!)


I find using my emersion blender to mix the wet ingredients works great.





Then I add the dry ingredients and incorporate by hand.



We usually add chocolate chips but this time we opted for just a few pinches of cinnamon.








I preheat my oven to 350F and spray my muffin pan with nonstick spray. I use a large icecream scoop to make consistently sized muffins.

These take 20-25 minutes.

I forgot to take an after picture! Oops! They were delicious. They rise perfectly and have great “muffin tops”!

No comments:

Post a Comment