Wednesday 4 November 2015

Leftover meat sauce; lasagnas

We are thoroughly enjoying the fall season. We checked out shelmardines hay maze over the weekend and will definitely  make it a yearly thing.
After thanksgiving and then Halloween treats I was in much need to eat a few salads. Here was one of my favourites; basically putting a fried egg on anything is a good idea!
So my lasagna making all started when my mom offered me two containers of homemade meat sauce. I first doubled the sauce by adding two cans of plain tomato all purpose sauce. To this I added salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Sauce done!
I mixed a tub of dry curd cottage cheese with three eggs, drained thawed frozen spinach, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and chopped up Gorgonzola (only because I had it on hand).
I layered sauce, noodles, spinach mixture, noodles, sauce, noodles, spinach mixture, noodles, sauce, and then topped with grated mozerella cheese.

Since I used low fat cheese I drizzled a little chipotle olive oil on top for a little pizazz!
Since everything was cold I just layered everything and covered the dishes and got them straight to the freezer. I have to say lasagna is way easier to assemble when everything is cold or room temperature. This made 3 lasagnas.
Since that took no time at all I decided to whip up three batches of banana muffins. Since Liam wouldn't let me put him down this recipe was made with my left hand; hopefully we don't find eggshells!
Finally he got down but only after I offered him a measuring cup with 10 chocolate chips in it. Gotta choose your battles!

No comments:

Post a Comment