Tuesday 30 November 2021

Dairy free brownies - made by Aubrey

So I was craving something sweet, which is a normal occurrence. I was a little tired so I enlisted aubrey to make “us” something.  I found this simple dairy free recipe on Pinterest (my greatest inspiration in the kitchen!)

First glance at this recipe, I saw that we would use coconut sugar instead of the white sugar and we would cut it in half! 2 cups of sugar, no way! Aubrey used canola oil instead of the olive oil. Everything else we did as the recipe states.






I’ve taught aubrey to pull all the ingredients out before you start, that way you’re less likely to miss using one. 



I’ve also taught her to clean up as you go!  





She would like to have her own Vlog cooking show, maybe one day!


Liam loves being Aubreys taste tester!

Now I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I thought there were too many chocolate chips. Next time I would do probably 1/2 cup total, a 1/4 cup in the batter and a 1/4 cup sprinkled on top. Mini chips would be even better!


This was liams, brownie accompanied by candy cane crackle icecream. Is it really Christmas until you have this icecream, I think not! We need a dairy free version of this, come on presidents choice!

The brownies were super yummy, chewy, moist, yum! I would try baking them for 25 minutes, I think I overcooked it by 5 minutes. I will definitely make them again, I mean have aubrey make them again, super simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment