Wednesday 4 March 2015

Brown rice re-mix

Here's our little man who my sister lovingly refers to as "teeth"! 
I had one eggplant left and I was trying to think of a creative way to use it. My mind ran wild and then I thought of onion, eggplant, curry paste,  cooked brown rice and black beans.  Well here goes nothing...
I sautéed diced onion and eggplant with curry paste along with a few swigs of olive oil. I let that really cook down before adding rinsed black beans.

I added a little salt and the juice of a half of a lime.
I took this off of the heat and let it sit.

Meanwhile Liam was napping and I felt like resting for a bit. One of Aubrey's favourite past times is playing dress up in mommys closet.
She completed her outfit with high heels and perfume! What a dolly!
4:30pm rolled around and so I put the chicken in the oven and added the cooked brown rice to the bean mixture.
25 minutes later; Tada!
I realized I was very heavy handed with the curry paste and so I topped the rice with plain Greek yogurt.

It was surprisingly delicious we all agreed this would be a great burrito filling. I'll have to try that tomorrow with the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment