Saturday 25 October 2014

Birthday carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

This past week I celebrated my 31st birthday. What a great day I spent with my family.

October brings several birthdays; one is my mother in laws. This year we celebrate her 70th; with that you definitly deserve a party! What party is complete without cake?  I decided to make carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese icing. I thought this would be a welcomed change from chocolate as well it would look quite festive. My husband gave me the idea of adding candied ginger to the cake and icing; he had seen this on the barefoot contessa cooking show.  We thought it would be a nice addition to the classic flavour profile of carrot cake.
I also add nutmeg and Chinese five spice to my batter.
I used these cupcake liners that I found at superstore. 

These two people cheerfully offered to taste test a cupcake before the party. You know; just to make sure they were edible!
I decorated these with toasted unsweetened coconut and finely sliced candied ginger.
 
They turned out great and I loved the parchment cups; they came off very easily but we're also sturdy enough for baking. They are definitly worth the extra cost.
This little man joined us at the party; he finally fell asleep as dessert was served!
Happy birthday nana we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment